How to Install App on Smart TV LG: Before telling you how to install app on LG Smart TV, we will review the biggest advantages of this type of TV, which are already part of our daily life after several years in the market.
Smart TVs have gained prominence since their arrival and in recent years there are more and more people who decide to buy one of these smart TVs, which have a lot of advantages over conventional TVs.
There are fewer and fewer conventional models without an internet connection system and without the possibility of installing applications, so it is advisable to upgrade and start enjoying these devices that allow you to squeeze the maximum of the television content.
Features of Smart TV’s
Some of the most outstanding features of Smart TVs are the following:
- Internet connection : One of the fundamental principles of a Smart TV is the ability it has to connect to the internet, either through an Ethernet cable or via WiFi connection. The most basic use that can be given is to use the browser and visit the websites you want as if it were a computer, especially if you use an accessory such as the full keyboard that some models include.
- Enjoy videos on YouTube : Natively, televisions include an application to enjoy direct access to YouTube videos, which allows us to enjoy the largest catalog of videos on the network, being able to find content of all kinds.
- Listen to your favorite music : Thanks to streaming music services such as Spotify and the like you can enjoy the music you want to listen directly to your TV, without having to resort to a radio or other devices.
- Follow recipes and tutorials : Thanks to the existing applications you can follow the recipes without having to wait until they put the program on television of the most famous programs, as well as discover many other applications or YouTube channels of recipes. The same goes for the tutorials of anything you need or want to learn and that you can do directly from your TV.
- View computer content without cables: With the WiFi connectivity included in Smart TV, in addition to being able to connect to the Internet, it can also be used to send content such as photos or videos without using the HDMI cable, which if desired also It can be used.
- Duplicate the mobile screen : In this type of television you can duplicate the screen of the computer with the mobile, for which you will only need both devices to be connected to the same WiFi network. This is valid for Android phones, but not for Apple devices, which requires an Apple TV.
- Play on your television : With a Smart TV you can play as if you have a console, although its catalog is much smaller and only simple games are available.
Check the weather : You will no longer have to search the internet or watch the news to know the time that will be in the next few days, since all Smart TVs include an application that will give us this data.
- Enjoy on-demand television : One of the main functions of this type of TV is to be able to access the different on-demand television services, such as Netflix, HBO … that will allow us to enjoy the content we want when we want to watch it, without having to be aware of the time at which they broadcast a certain program, series or movie.
How to Install and Uninstall Apps on LG Smart TV
Then we will explain how to install an app on LG Smart TV, which allow you to enjoy a user experience that goes much further than watching television itself.
In the case of LG televisions, the content store called LG Content Store, where you can find many entertainment options for people of all ages, with different applications, games, free and paid content, and so on.
The apps in this type of TV have gained popularity in recent times, largely because of the ease of use that makes use of the WebOS operating system that is implemented in LG TVs. However, for those who still do not know how to install an app on LG Smart TV , here we show you how they can do it.
- First make sure that your television has an internet connection. To do this you must select the option ” HOME ” and then ” CONFIGURATION “. Once in it you will click on “ ADVANCED CONFIGURATION ” .
- In the mentioned section you must go to the NETWORK option and once checked you must go to your Magic Control and click on the “Home” icon.
- Then you must enter “LG Content Store” and once there you will see different “Premium” and “Applications and games” icons. These applications are shown in three categories, which are “Most downloaded”, “New” and “All”.
- To download the desired application, simply select the App you want to download. Just click on it.
- Once clicked, you can access a file of the application in which you can find interesting information about it, being able to find a description of the app, know the size it will occupy, the date of its last update, its age classification, and screenshots. In addition we can also know the internal storage available to know if we can install it on our television. On the same screen the INSTALL button appears, which we will press if we finally want to install that application in question.
- Once the application has been installed, you can see it in the menu and start it directly to start enjoying it.
- To see all installed applications you must go to LG Content Store and after clicking on “My Page” you can check all the applications you have installed on your television.